Awards and Press Reviews for the Capital Hotel
The Capital Hotel, located in London's Basil Street, have received numerous awards and accolades in recent years. These include:
- Finalist for the Caterer and Hotelkeeper Menu of the Year Catey 2013.
- Tea Guild's Award of Excellence for Top London Afternoon Tea 2013
- Tea Guild's Award of Excellence for Top London Afternoon Tea 2012
- Zagat 2011 – top ranked restaurant in Knightsbridge
- European Hospitality Awards 2010 Clive Smith, Concierge of the Year runner-up
- Conde Nast Traveller 2010 readers' Awards, Voted one of the top 15 business hotels in London
- Fodor's choice 2009 establishment by the leading publisher of guidebooks for American travelers
- Best Hotel for Location in the UK by Condé Nast Traveller in their 2009 Gold List
- Cesar Award 2008 “London Hotel of the Year” by The Good Hotel Guide
- “Most Excellent Hotel Restaurant Award” 2008 by Condé Nast Johansen
- Bronze Award “Small Hotel of the Year” by Visit London 2008
- 2008 Travel + Leisure World’s Best: Top 500 Hotels
- 'Best Hotel for Food' in the UK by Condé Nast Traveller in their 2006 Gold List
- 'Hotel of the Year', Visit London Awards
What the press have to say...
"Nathan Outlaw's new London outpost is just as flawless as his 2 Michelin-star restaurant in Rock, Cornwall.
"A Capital idea- Afternoon Tea is a truly decadent treat!"
"...finding wonderful new ways with woodcock, grouse, partridge and pheasant as we rediscover a taste for seasonal wildfowl."
"Still a class after 40 yeas, this intimate, quietly elegant bastion of haute couture dining in a wonderful Knightsbridge boutique hotel offers New French fare that the majority of respondent fell is as terrific and imaginatively prepared as ever..."