Our CSR Policy:
The Capital Hotel is commited to recognising and improving upon our environmental impact that we have within our community and more globally. Our mission statement 'we are mindful of the environment and our local community' ensures that we work closely with our team, guests and suppliers to fulfil this as well as endeavouring to improve our environmental impact more widely.
- We work closely with our suppliers and pride ourselves on sourcing the best sustainable seafood in our Michelin starred restaurant; Outlaw's. We support the 'Fishermen's Mission' to support Cornish fishermen.
- Industry education and supporting young talent is important to us; we support Oxford Brookes school of hospitality and have annual apprentice and internship students within the team.
- The hotel endorses the ‘Cycle to work’ scheme; promoting a sustainable alternative of travelling to work for employees.
- Our housekeeping department work with ‘Clean Conscience’ to recycle leftover toiletries, slippers, bathrobes and old linen.
- LED lights are installed in all public areas and corridors to reduce energy consumption.
- The entire hotel carried out a paperless initiative to encourage all team members to use less paper.
Throughout the year, the hotel works with the below chosen charities of choice:
Springboard encourages individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds to work in the hospitality industry through various programmes. A number of our team are ambassadors for the charity and we actively support a wide variety of these programmes and invest time, expertise and money into the various Springboard initiatives.
Participation in the annual 'Tour de Cuisine' bike ride to raise funds for this industry charity that gives back to those in need within the hospitality industry.